I've been plotting our coat closet makeover for a while. It's amazing how getting to even the smallest projects seem to take forever or maybe I'm just impatient. Our entryway is small and our shoes end up sprawled all over the floor and piled on the bottom of the coat closet. It's been crying to be organized. In addition, we are trying to encourage Marco to be independent and get himself ready for school in the morning and to put away his own things. One of the best ways to encourage this is to make a place for his belongings (backpack, shoes, hat, etc.) and make them accessible to him. So here is the closet before (my hubby took everything out before I had a picture in all of it's cluttered glory).
 |
| Closet Before |
Here's the construction crew and the dog who was left alone the construction crew for a one minute too many.
And here it is after (or at least 95% done). The baskets I got at Michaels for $5.99 (on sale from $29.99). The ones on the bottom are for shoes and the one on top is for hats, scarves, etc. There's a perfect little space for Marco's backpack. Eventually, we'll get a second coat rack for the inside of the door that will hold Marco's umbrella, coat, and backpack. I still need to prime and paint the shelves white and attach the molding on the bottom shelf. Eventually, I'd also like to paint the inside of the closet to match the living room. I love it! I keep finding excuses to open the closet and oh and ahh.
 |
| Closet After |
 |
| Storage Baskets for Shoes and Hats |
No comments:
Post a Comment