| Matilija Poppy |
Happy Spring!! Spring symbolizes rebirth, renewal. What better time to reflect on New Year’s Resolutions than three months into the year and the start of spring!! Prioritizing my time and personal projects is topics that I struggle with, mainly because I have a lot of interests and limited time to pursue them. This year, to honor my motto, ‘It’s Time for Simplicity’, I tried a new approach to New Year's resolutions. I made a long list of the things that I'd most like to undertake this year. These items were on the list either because they are life-long goals, because I have a passion for them, or they just really need to get done. Then I pared my list down to just a few items that I could really focus on during the year. My criterion for keeping items on the list was simply that they have to be activities that make me happy or that I enjoy doing. Time is my most precious commodity so there is no sense wasting my 'spare' time (if such a thing exists) on self-imposed activities that I don't enjoy. So here is my list:
- Become a certified yoga instructor
- Decorate living room and makeover office, and clean out garage
- Integrate edible landscaping into my yard
- Enjoy every moment to the fullest
- Do more family arts and crafts
- Learn to play guitar
yoga certification is on my list too. i hope i can follow your journey there! (after law school!)
ReplyDelete